You may have had multiple abort issues when using QuickBooks 2013 versions. If you are, than this error will most often occur if you leave the reporting center open. Personally, I would simply open your reports from the report menu. What is the fix? They are working on it and it should be out in the next release of QuickBooks (R6). The error this article is discussing is one of the following:
- Error: QBW32.EXE – Aborting Application: QuickBooks is now terminating when working in 2013
- While working in QuickBooks 2013, QuickBooks randomly crashes with error:
– QBW32.EXE- Fatal Application Exit- Aborting Application:
– QuickBooks is now terminating (Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Vista)
– Unrecoverable Error 02700 80318 (Windows XP only)
– Randomly shutting down with no error message (All Windows operating systems)
Note: If the message you receive says “Connection has been lost”, this is a different issue from this Fatal Application Exit error and you will need to follow the steps in the Error: Connection has been lost article.
What you can try now
If you were aborted from QuickBooks with the Fatal Application error, you can re-open QuickBooks and continue to work. This error appears to be generated at random and we are currently investigating.
Important: Try using the file without the Report Center open in the background to see if this helps mitigate the number of crashes that occur.