Creating a Work Order
You can create a Work Order from a number of different places in the web application, as well as from a mobile device.
To Create a New Work Order:
- Click the New Work Order button.
- Let the four-page wizard guide you through the process.
Step 1. Specify the Customer
Tip: If you started on the Customer Detail page, the Customer information is already completed. Skip to step 2.
- On the Customer page do one of the following:
- Locate an existing Customer
- Create a new Customer
2. Review the Customer Details on the right (Service Location, Contact, and Contact At fields), and make any appropriate changes.
To enter contact information that is relevant to just this Work Order, select Other.
3. If you want to confirm the billing address with the Customer, click the Edit link in the Customer name section.
4. If the Customer will be invoiced, check Invoiceable and enter a PO number, if you have one.
5. Complete any additional fields
6. Click Next.
Step 2. Define the Problem
For established Customers, you can use the tabs at the bottom of the Problem screen to view the service history of work previously done.
- If your company uses different Work Order types, select the appropriate type.
- Select the general problem area from the Category list.
- Select what needs to be done from the Services list.
- Enter a description of the problem as the caller describes it.
Tip: The text box is sized to display 255 characters, which is the maximum that can display on some phones. You can type a longer description, but a Tech using a phone may not be able to see all of it.
5. If appropriate, click Add to define another problem, and complete the associated fields.
6. Complete any additional fields.
7. Click Next.
Step 3. Schedule and assign the Work Order
Enter scheduling information on the Assignment page. You can also assign a Tech to do the work.
- Schedule: In the top panel, complete information to help schedule the Work Order.
- Assign: In the bottom panel, select the appropriate Tech to assign to this Work Order.
a. (Optional) Check the Filter by Skill box to see only those Techs who match the Skill required for this Work Order.
b. Select the appropriate Tech by selecting the option button at the left or press and drag the Work Order to the Tech’s row.
Tip: If you do not see an available Tech who can handle this job and the Service Team filter appears at the top right of the assignment control, select a different team to check availability.
If you prefer, you can wait and assign someone later.
Step 4. Review & Confirm
On the Review & Confirm page, review the information about the Work Order to make sure you have entered it completely and accurately.
To make a change, click the Edit link for the appropriate section.
(Optional). You can add a note to the Work Order if you have additional information you want to record.
You return to the screen on which you clicked New Work Order.
If you need to make changes to this Work Order in the future, you can do so from the Work Order Details View.