So I had this customer lately who had the hard drive crash on their client machine. So they imaged the server machine onto a new hard drive and tried to make that the new client. Well, that didn’t work too well as the POS installation was for the server, not the client. When the POS was launched, they would get the following error message: “Invalid Product ID” That was it, however, I figured it must have something to do with licensing. So I did the following:
- Right-click the Windows Start button and select Open Windows Explorer (Explore in Vista).
- Since the folder may be hidden, click Organize and select Folder and Search Options.
- Click the View tab, select Show hidden files and folders and clear the checkbox for Hide protected system operating files.
- Click Yes on the warning and click OK. Navigate in the left window to the location: C:Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client
- Right click on this folder and select, “Rename”.
- Add the suffix, “-OLD” to the name.
- Then I uninstalled the POS and reinstalled.
- Open the Point of Sale again and complete the registration process again.
It should work just fine; if not, please give us a call.
PS – If the version of POS is 8.0 or earlier, use the attached tool to correct the issue.