Rename the Qbprint.qbp file
The Qbprint.qbp File
- Qbprint.qbp is a QuickBooks-created file.
- It contains a data line for each form in QuickBooks. It has a line for invoices and a separate line for journal entries, etc.
- When you print a form, QuickBooks pulls the form settings from Qbprint.qbp and uses them to print the form.
- If you change the selections on the Printer Setup window or the Print One Form window, QuickBooks writes the new information into the Qbprint.qbp file.
- If you rename the Qbprint.qbp file, QuickBooks creates a new file from default settings. All custom settings that you have entered are lost.
- Renaming the file is a preferred troubleshooting tool because you can rename the old file and recover your custom settings.
Rename the file automatically:
Rename the file manually:
- Locate the Qbprint.qbp.
- Windows 8, 7 and Vista: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX (where 20XX represents the version of QuickBooks you are using)
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\QuickBooks20XX (where 20XX represents the version of QuickBooks you are using)
- Server2008 and Server 2012: C:\Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks YEAR and C:\Users\**remote user**\AppData\Roaming\Intuit\ YEAR VERSION\TSPrinterSettings
- Server2003: C:\Documents and Settings\ **remote user**\Application Data\Intuit\ QuickBooks YEAR
- NOTE: Terminal Service users report finding duplicate copies of the Qbprint file with the stored client data files; be sure to search all folders for odd instances.
- NOTE: If you cannot locate the folders listed above, you may need to display hidden files in Windows.
- Right-click the Qbprint.qbp file for your version of QuickBooks and choose Rename (ex: QBprint.old).
- Open QuickBooks.
- Choose File > Printer Setup. Click any transaction in the Form Name drop-down list and click OK. This will create a new Qbprint.qbp file.
- Note: This does not have to be done for each transaction.
Open and print the transaction that was having problems!
If these steps do not resolve the issue, you can contact our technical support department for additional guidance: 888-255-9878. Fees may apply.