Received the following error message on POS Server workstation:
“Do you want the following program to make changes to your computer?
Also on the message there is the option of “Yes” or “No”. Feel free to click either one because neither does anything. You can restart all day long, etc. and it doesn’t help. You double-click on the shortcut and receive the same error. Does this sound familiar? If it does, here are the steps to try and fix it.
Try this first:
1. Create a new user with administrator rights on the PC called, “POS User” or something.
2. Log into the PC using this new “POS User” account.
3. Try to open QuickBooks POS now.
If that doesn’t work, try this:
1. Uninstall QuickBooks POS v10.0
2. Rename the last folder in the POS data path from
“C:UsersPublicDocumentsIntuitQuickBooks Point of Sale 10.0” to
“C:UsersPublicDocumentsIntuitQuickBooks Point of Sale 10.0”
3. Uninstall the .NET 4.0 Framework from the PC.
4. Reinstall the QB POS Software.
5. Now try running QuickBooks POS 10.0 again.
When I saw this problem with my client, I did the second set of instructions first and it did not solve the problem. But after creating the new user, it did solve the problem so I suspect you will not have to use the second set of instructions at all. Please let me know how this works for you.
After you get it running again, you can try downgrading the new user from an administrator to a regular user and test for functionality if security is of a concern. The thought is that this error may be due to a corrupted file for the original user.