Designed with the business user in mind, Intuit’s QuickBase is the #1 online database platform that is the fastest, easiest and most flexible way to help teams work together. Intuit also makes TurboTax, QuickBooks, Quicken and other industry leading software. QuickBase is a hosted Software as a Service (SaaS), where the server security and platform maintenance is handled by Intuit on the same servers that hold millions of tax returns and business data every year.
QuickBase provides one platform from which workgroups can easily create unlimited applications to automate business processes and improve communication and collaboration online. QuickBase applications solve critical business problems and help improve productivity and efficiency because they are tailored by the user to match the exact workflow and unique needs of their team – something complex point solutions or generic spreadsheets simply can’t match.
Used by more than half of the Fortune 100, QuickBase is the only proven team collaboration platform that’s perfect for business users – regardless of size, location or industry – while delivering the visibility and control IT executives need to manage enterprise-wide deployments in large companies.
What are some benefits of using an online database?
- An online database is a single repository. As individuals interact with online database software, their work is immediately integrated, significantly reducing questions of data accuracy and data inconsistencies.
- A Web Database enables larger storage capabilities. A web database doesn’t limit your data or file storage options. A database application is scalable, so you can start small and increase storage as your online database software requirements evolve.
- Online Database software is customizable. With online database software, you can easily customize forms, fields, categories and reports—up-front or as you go—to match your specific business processes.
- Web-based databases are available anytime, anywhere. An online database program is web-based software, which means they’re easily accessible to your workforce, business partners, and anyone else you allow, wherever and whenever they work.
When you find something that works for you, that shows an understanding of what you do and how you do it, that meets your current needs with a minimum of effort yet allows you to grow and change quickly, then you’ve found a tool that you keep.
One of the best tools we’ve found to work well with the dynamics of sales and marketing organizations is QuickBase. We saw a need for a forum to discuss best practices using QuickBase to solve unique and characteristic problems in sales and marketing.
We have come to understand the value of QuickBase as practitioners and consultants who use this elegant yet simple tool to solve day to day (and sometimes minute to minute) problems of demanding sales and marketing organizations the world over. QuickBase is uniquely capable of organizing the functions and processes that take place within sales and marketing. It is a complete tool that can be implemented, operated, and managed within your own organization.
QuickBase defies a single, simple description. Yes, it is a reporting tool; yes, it is business process management software; yes, it can maintain account assignments; and yes, it is Cloud Computing at its best with the ability to integrate with local and organization-wide databases. Once you see the functionality you can bring to your organization with QuickBase, you’ll wonder what you ever did without it.
When you begin to see all the things you can easily do with QuickBase (there are many fully programmed, preconfigured applications in the QuickBase Application Library that can be customized to your specific needs) you will realize that this is the tool you have been looking for.
Some users have described their QuickBase application as “a spreadsheet on steroids”, or a “spreadbase”. Regardless of how you think of QuickBase, your users will be more productive simply for having the tool.
Intuit QuickBase: Online Database Overview
With QuickBase, you can create unlimited custom applications to match your unique business processes, and integrate them with your existing systems. It’s an ideal way to centralize important data on the web, and help distributed business teams work and collaborate more efficiently. Plus, with Intuit’s proven capability to manage critical data, you can rely on QuickBase to meet even the most stringent IT requirements.
With QuickBase, capturing data is easy. Users can easily import data from an existing application, or they can add, edit and delete information directly in QuickBase by filling in simple, customizable forms.
Their activity automatically updates your online database in real time, so no matter where or when your teams are working, you’ll always have accurate, up-to-date information easily accessible in one centralized place.
QuickBase lets you generate the custom reports you need to make insightful business decisions. Automated graphs, charts, tables and summary views—minus costly overwrites or manual data consolidation— help you and your teams stay focused on using information, not managing it.
QuickBase also saves you time by automating administrative tasks. Triggered email notifications and reminders keep your team members informed and help them stay on track.
Being a web-based database, QuickBase can help improve the way your distributed teams collaborate. You can share information among team members, customers and partners in real time; with the confidence of knowing it’s always accurate and up-to-date.
QuickBase also gives you complete control of your information. You set custom roles and permissions to determine each team member’s level of access, to data so they only see the right information.
Web Based Software
Web based software is fast becoming the choice of enterprise teams. It gives team members access to the real-time information they need, in the format they need it – whenever and wherever they need it. That means faster response, increased accuracy, and better decision making. Web-based business software provides business professionals with the same benefits they seek with desktop applications and the benefits of a secure online, multi-user solution that is collaborative and productive. QuickBase can help you transition your business software into a database application that can be customized to meet the need of your business processes.
Desktop Software vs Customizable Web Based Applications
Previously, professionals and business owners were caught between two options: desktop database applications or in-house custom solutions. In many circumstances, these desktop applications were costly and difficult to customize when business processes changed. Web based software, like QuickBase, alleviates these traditional database application constraints while providing the following benefits:
- Web based applications are cost efficient. QuickBase requires no additional hardware or software to create a web based database application. Additionally, you only pay for the number of users you need to access your database application as you need them.
- Web database software is flexible. QuickBase is fully customizable web based software. This flexibility allows you to work the way that’s best for you and your team. It’s easy to modify your database application as your business processes evolve.
- Web based databases are scalable. A big benefit of web based database applications is scalability. As you grow, QuickBase has more than 250 web based applications that will grow with you providing increased collaboration and productivity.
Web Based Applications
As the #1 online database, QuickBase is a leader in developing web based applications to solve your most pressing business challenges. Web based software can improve your businesses productivity and data collaboration. See why more than 50 of the Fortune 100 choose QuickBase for web based applications such as IT management software, project management software, and sales management software.