Customize the Customer Center
The Customer Center is the location of the detailed information for your customers and the respective jobs that you perform for each customer. You can add or remove various columns in Customer Center to suit your business needs. There are two areas where you can perform this task. The first is in the Customers and Jobs list, and the second is in the Customer Information Pane. This tutorial will show you how to customize the columns in those areas for QuickBooks Pro 2013.
1. Click the Customers icon on the icon bar, or click Customers on the menu bar, then click Customer Center.
2. Right-click anywhere in the Customers and Jobs list. (The Customer and Jobs list is the area inside the yellow rectangle). Then click Customize Columns.
3. Now you will see the Customize Columns dialog box. I have highlighted the current column headings in the yellow rectangle box to indicate the column headings already in place. I will add a new column called Account Number. Select Account Number, or another column that fits your business needs, then click OK at the bottom of the dialog box.
4. Now you can see that the Account Number column (inside the yellow rectangle) has been added to he Customers and Job area. Now we will customize the Customer Information Pane.
5. Now we will customize the columns in the Customer Information Pane. The default columns are highlighted in the the yellow rectangle. To customize the columns, right-click anywhere in the area below the column headings.
6. I’m going to add the column “Due Date.” Select Due Date, or any column label that fits your business needs, then click Add and OK.
7. Look inside the yellow rectangle and you will see that Due Date has been added. You can add or remove any column that fits your business needs.
8. You’re all done! 🙂