Increasing the credit limit on your Intuit Payments account
This article contains the step-by-step instructions on how to increase limits for credit card, check processing, and online invoicing (IPN).
Turning on the Payments feature within QuickBooks 2013 is the most efficient way to increase your limits. Once you have turned on the Payments feature, you can start collecting payments from your customers and have those payments deposited directly into your checking account.
Note: If you have already turned on the Payments feature, then please proceed to Increase limits for approved IPN accounts or Increase monthly volume for credit card and check processing.
Turn on credit card or check processing
If you have created your company file and turned on Online Invoicing, but have not turned on credit card or check processing:
1. Click on Receive Payments in QuickBooks.
2. Click on Turn on Payments over on the top right corner.
3. Enter your Date of Birth, Social Security Number, agree to “terms and conditions”, and click Turn on Payments.
4. You will immediately be approved ($5,000 monthly for IPN and $10,000 for credit card and check processing). NOTE: To get higher limits, follow the appropriate steps below.
Increase limits for approved IPN accounts
1. Sign in to Intuit PaymentNetwork.
2. Click on Increase Limits under Profile.
3. Fill out the requested information and click Submit.
4. You will receive an email response within 3-5 business days.
Increase monthly volume for credit card and check processing
1. Sign in to the Merchant Service Center.
2. Under the Account menu click Account Profile.
3. Click on the Request increase link for either card or check volume.
4. Enter your desired card or check volume.
5. You will receive an email response within 5 business days.
6. You’re all done!