When opening Point of Sale, you see the following message:
“Windows Administrator Required”
I had a customer this morning who was running into this issue on a new installation of QuickBooks Point of Sale. No matter how many times you press Yes on Windows UAC, it just keeps coming back over and over again.
How to fix it:
To resolve this issue:
- Uninstall Point of Sale.
- Copy your company data to the Windows desktop:
- Right-click the [Windows Logo] button and choose Open Windows Explorer.
- Navigate in the left window to C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XXX\
- Right-click the Data folder and select Copy.
- Close the window, right-click anywhere on your desktop, and choose Paste.
- Rename all the Point of Sale folders.
- Reinstall Point of Sale from the CD or a download.
- Open Point of Sale and restore your backup:
- Open Point of Sale, select Restore from backup and click Next.
- Select Browse to alternate backup file, go to your desktop and find Data > “Your Company Name” > Backup.
- Double-click the most recent backup. Your data will begin to restore.
- Update Point of Sale to the latest release.