How to set up Gmail in QuickBooks
Note:If you want to use Gmail and you do not already have a Gmail account, you must sign up for a Gmail account before following this guide. You can do that by clicking here and selecting CREATE AN ACCOUNT at the top right.
1. a. If you have the Choose your Email Method message open, click the Setup my email now button and skip 1. b. If you don’t have the Choose your Email Method message open then go to 1. b.
1. b. If you don’t have the message open, open preferences by choosing Preferences from the Edit menu.
2. Along the left side of the Preferences window, select Send Forms.
3. Click the My Preferences tab, select Web Mail, and click Add.
4. In the Add Email Info window:
a. Enter your Gmail address in the Email Id field.
b. In the Email Provider drop-down list, select Gmail.
5. Click OK. Your Gmail account appears in the E-mail Ids field and is set as the current default.
6. Click OK.
7. Email a transaction or report as a test.
Note: You may be required to enter your password one or more times before sending forms when you launch QuickBooks or when you launch Windows. For security reasons, QuickBooks cannot store the password to send your email.
8. You are done! Woohoo!