Updates Help Small Businesses Get Organized to Boost Efficiency
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. – Small businesses can get organized to save time with the 2014 desktop version of the best-selling QuickBooks® financial software from Intuit Inc. (Nasdaq: INTU).
Updates let small businesses complete financial tasks faster than ever so they can spend more time building their businesses. QuickBooks Pro and Premier 2014 deliver enhancements requested by users in a fresh experience that’s optimized for efficiency. The new versions also make adding functionality, such as third-party applications, as easy as one click . The software is scheduled to go on sale Sept. 23.
“Intuit is on the side of small businesses and helps them succeed by addressing their financial management needs,” said Rob Lips, vice president and general manager of Intuit’s QuickBooks Desktop business unit. “This release delivers customer-requested updates with our most efficient user experience ever. With QuickBooks 2014, small business owners can manage the books faster, letting them spend their time on what they love – running the business.”
Communicate More Efficiently
QuickBooks 2014 streamlines communication with customers and other business contacts so small business owners can share the latest information more easily and help reduce errors. New email enhancements include:
- Customizable templates: Auto populates with customer and job information, invoice number, amount due and other helpful details to help users ensure accurate communication.
- New bill payment stub/remittance advice template: Lets users easily communicate payment details with vendors.
- Multiple attachments: Include multiple attachments to transaction emails to customers, vendors or other business contacts for more efficient communication.
- History list: Provides quick access to previously sent emails.
- Accountant Collaboration: Lets accountants communicate about specific transactions right in QuickBooks. The conversation history is saved for easy reference.
“The enhanced email functionality is a blessing for me,” said Nick Ku from Irving, TX. “Invoice numbers are auto-magically picked up in the email subject. It will save me a considerable amount of time.”
Track Income in Real Time
- Income Tracker: Provides an end-to-end view of all income-related transactions in one place. The feature updates transaction data in real time, with no reports to run or data to gather. Users can take immediate action on transactions to get paid faster. They can also batch print transactions directly from the income tracker and filter by transaction or customer.
- Bank Feeds: Takes the pain out of inputting expenses into QuickBooks . Transactions sync directly with users’ financial institutions to provide details at-a-glance across all banks and accounts. QuickBooks learns how users categorize transactions so they don’t have to rekey them the next time.
“I really like the income tracker improvement,” said Monty McElhiney from Hermitage, TN. “It will greatly improve the ease of tracking where my money is and where it’s going, at-a-glance.”
Improvements for the Sake of Ease
The new versions also deliver customer-requested enhancements to make managing the books easier than ever, Lips said. An improved color scheme makes it easier for customers to use during extended sessions. Users save time with one-click access to relevant reports and streamlined printing. Invoices take the hassle out of bounced checks by recording the details and subtracting bank fees before reissuing the statement. Users can copy and paste transaction line data to another line within the same transaction. Customized account balances can be viewed from the left icon bar.
More From QuickBooks
For small businesses growing in scale or complexity, Intuit QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 14.0 provides greater flexibility, with capabilities that users can turn on or add on when needed, such as adding more users and tracking inventory in multiple locations. Now, QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions customers can also efficiently manage their pricing and help improve their bottom line using a new Enterprise Exclusive Add-On called Advanced Pricing.
Pricing and Availability
QuickBooks Financial Software Pro and Premier, including industry-specific versions, can be purchased directly from Intuit on or around Sept. 23 by calling 877-683-3280 or visiting www.quickbooks.com. QuickBooks Pro and Premier are scheduled to be available in early October at participating retailers, including Amazon, Best Buy, BJ’s, Costco, Fry’s, Office Depot, OfficeMax, Sam’s and Staples.
Suggested retail prices for 2014 editions are:
- QuickBooks Pro: For newer and existing small businesses: Starting at $249.95
- QuickBooks Premier: For established and expanding small businesses, including industry-specific editions for accountants, contractors, manufacturers and wholesalers, nonprofits, professional service firms and retailers: Starting at $399.95
- QuickBooks Plus: For small businesses that want access to expert help over the phone, subscription versions of QuickBooks Pro and Premier provide additional benefits, including automatic online backups and upgrades when available: Starting at $299.95 – $419.95
Intuit QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions 14.0, including industry-specific editions, will be available from [QB Services by calling 952-232-6388] or visiting [www.qbservices.net]. It will now be available for one through ten users and up to 30 users starting at $999.95. Intuit QuickBooks […]
About Intuit Inc.
Intuit Inc. creates business and financial management solutions that simplify the business of life for small businesses, consumers and accounting professionals.
Its flagship products and services include QuickBooks®, Quicken® and TurboTax®, which make it easier to manage small businesses and payroll processing, personal finance, and tax preparation and filing. Mint.com provides a fresh, easy and intelligent way for people to manage their money, while Demandforce® offers marketing and communication tools for small businesses. ProSeries® and Lacerte® are Intuit’s leading tax preparation offerings for professional accountants.
Founded in 1983, Intuit had revenue of $4.2 billion in its fiscal year 2013. The company has approximately 8,200 employees with major offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, India and other locations.